We are pleased to offer, free of charge, a forum where Association members can advertise vacant positions at their companies, or candidates can connect with prospective employers in the shortline industry.
Employers, just send us an email with a copy of the job description, including the skills and experience you seek. Applicants, send us your résumé via email.
To keep your search confidential, we will publish all job postings as "blind ads" and then serve as the intermediary between company and candidate.
Persons currently employed by a member company may not place an ad seeking employment unless the prime contact of the member company notifies us in writing that they have no objection. The Association reserves the right to revise or refuse any ad.
DESIGN ENGINEER (Posted 3/10/17)
Seeking a Design Engineer to assist in the development of innovative agricultural equipment.
The Design Engineer will assist the Senior Engineer with creating innovative technology for a product line. He or she will also evaluate, redesign, and test existing equipment for enhanced durability, efficiency, and ease of operation. The position is based at headquarters in Faribault, Minnesota, with some travel required for in-field testing.
· Creates, coordinates, and monitors all aspects of product design, fabrication, and quality.
· Performs engineering assignments related to design and analysis for agricultural tillage equipment.
· Optimizes new systems and upgrades to existing systems and processes.
· Works with service team to develop and implement solutions to service related issues.
· Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
· Develops mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
· Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
· Maintains system and product database by entering data.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other assignments as needed.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Precise attention to detail.
· Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
· Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Ag Engineering, or related field
· 5+ years of engineering experience preferred
· Experience with SolidWorks CAD software.
Health and disability insurance, 401K, and paid vacation time.
Application Deadline & Contact Information
Applications will be accepted until May 26, 2017.
If you are not currently employed by a member company and would like to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Andrea Schnelten andrea@FarmEquip.org, and reference Service Ad #123.
TERRITORY MANAGER (Posted 3/6/17)
A leading and growing manufacturer of pneumatic conveying equipment, is currently accepting applications for a Territory Manager for the South Eastern area of USA, covering the states of North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. Either state would be the ideal location is for the Representative to work out of. This is an under developed territory with lots of growth potential.
• Promote and sell equipment and parts into the commercial AG market
• Travel to dealers, attend meetings and trade shows
• Promote products in order to build, develop, and grow new and existing customers
• Forecast sales to meet company objectives and targets
• Provide product demonstrations and training
• Effectively deal with customer concerns and provide solutions
• Arrange deliveries, provide pricing and act as a liaison between customers and the Parts, Service and Warranty departments.
• Excellent communication and decision-making skills
• Good understanding of local market conditions
• High energy and resolute with an ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Related post-secondary education is a definite asset
• Extensive travel is required
• Experience in the commercial grain and feed industry an asset
Equipment sales experience an asset.
We offer competitive salary and benefits. Job Type: Full-time
If you are not currently employed by a member company and would like to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Andrea Schnelten andrea@FarmEquip.org, and reference Service Ad #122.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (posted 1/4/2017)
Seeking a Service Technician to primarily support clients in western Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota.
Service technicians provide professional and prompt support to new and existing clients. Their primary role is to safely, accurately, and efficiently maintain equipment lines. Technicians are also expected to be ambassadors of the brand and provide support to other areas of the company as needed. Workload varies throughout the year and may include nights and weekends. The ideal candidate must be able to travel for multiple days during peak times of the year.
· Analyze work orders and assist service manager in planning travel schedule.
· Investigate service and warranty claims. Diagnose errors and technical problems. Determine proper solutions.
· Manage onsite set-up of new machines and installation of technology. Repair and maintain equipment as needed.
· Document services performed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Transport machines and vehicles as needed.
· Maintain vehicle and service trailer. Ensure equipment and tools remain in clean, professional condition, and are maintained according to manufacturer recommendations.
· Develop and cultivate good client relationships. Build trust by keeping service information confidential.
· Support research and development of new and existing products.
· Operate all vehicles and handle tools in a safe manner.
· Support Regional Sales Managers with demonstrations, tradeshows, events, and transportation of equipment and/or show materials.
· Seek out and participate in professional development opportunities.
· Follow company processes, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employment handbook.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum AAS (2-year) technical degree or same years of related experience
· Possess or willing to obtain forklift operator certification and Class A CDL
· Experience working with precision ag technology
· Ability to think critically and implement solutions
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Work well independently and with team
· Knowledge of agriculture
Health insurance and 401k available. Technicians are also provided with a truck, trailer, and tools.
Application Deadline & Contact information
Applications will be accepted until March 27th, 2017.
If you are not currently employed by a member company and would like to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Andrea Schnelten andrea@FarmEquip.org, and reference Service Ad #121.
Career Opportunity Wanted
Professional, Experience, O.E.M. Ag National-Regional Sales Manager looking for stable company that needs new sales management experience in their company. My background experience is in: Tractor, Combines, Hay Tools, Tillage, Loaders, Dirt Equipment, Parts and Manufacturing. I have taken many companies that were under-performing and have turned them around over night! Please send direct contact information, website and the best time for us to chat about how we are going to get your product into the marketplace and out of the warehouse. I have worked overseas with manufacturers in China, Mexico, Canada and Germany.