We are pleased to offer, free of charge, a forum where Association members can advertise vacant positions at their companies, or candidates can connect with prospective employers in the shortline industry.
Employers, just send us an email with a copy of the job description, including the skills and experience you seek. Applicants, send us your résumé via email.
To keep your search confidential, we will publish all job postings as "blind ads" and then serve as the intermediary between company and candidate.
Persons currently employed by a member company may not place an ad seeking employment unless the prime contact of the member company notifies us in writing that they have no objection. The Association reserves the right to revise or refuse any ad.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (posted 1/4/2017)
Seeking a Service Technician to primarily support clients in western Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota.
Service technicians provide professional and prompt support to new and existing clients. Their primary role is to safely, accurately, and efficiently maintain equipment lines. Technicians are also expected to be ambassadors of the brand and provide support to other areas of the company as needed. Workload varies throughout the year and may include nights and weekends. The ideal candidate must be able to travel for multiple days during peak times of the year.
· Analyze work orders and assist service manager in planning travel schedule.
· Investigate service and warranty claims. Diagnose errors and technical problems. Determine proper solutions.
· Manage onsite set-up of new machines and installation of technology. Repair and maintain equipment as needed.
· Document services performed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Transport machines and vehicles as needed.
· Maintain vehicle and service trailer. Ensure equipment and tools remain in clean, professional condition, and are maintained according to manufacturer recommendations.
· Develop and cultivate good client relationships. Build trust by keeping service information confidential.
· Support research and development of new and existing products.
· Operate all vehicles and handle tools in a safe manner.
· Support Regional Sales Managers with demonstrations, tradeshows, events, and transportation of equipment and/or show materials.
· Seek out and participate in professional development opportunities.
· Follow company processes, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employment handbook.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum AAS (2-year) technical degree or same years of related experience
· Possess or willing to obtain forklift operator certification and Class A CDL
· Experience working with precision ag technology
· Ability to think critically and implement solutions
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Work well independently and with team
· Knowledge of agriculture
Health insurance and 401k available. Technicians are also provided with a truck, trailer, and tools.
APPLICATION DEADLINE & CONTACT INFORMATION
Applications will be accepted until February 17th, 2017.
If you are not currently employed by a member company and would like to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Andrea Schnelten andrea@FarmEquip.org, and reference Service Ad #121.
Career Opportunity Wanted
Professional, Experience, O.E.M. Ag National-Regional Sales Manager looking for stable company that needs new sales management experience in their company. My background experience is in: Tractor, Combines, Hay Tools, Tillage, Loaders, Dirt Equipment, Parts and Manufacturing. I have taken many companies that were under-performing and have turned them around over night! Please send direct contact information, website and the best time for us to chat about how we are going to get your product into the marketplace and out of the warehouse. I have worked overseas with manufacturers in China, Mexico, Canada and Germany.