ASSOCIATION PRESS RELEASES
- Association Elects New Leadership in San DiegoNov 1st, 2016
The Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association named new leaders today in separate elections. Representatives from Association member companies met to elect members to the Board of Directors. The new Board of Directors then met to elect officers for 2016/2017.
Leading the Association as board president will be Paul Jeffrey, who is general manager of MacDon, Inc., in Kansas City, Mo. MacDon is based in Winnepeg, Canada. Jeffrey leads operations at the company's U.S. headquarters.
Also elected as officers for 2017 were:
- First Vice President Stanley McFarlane, who is a vice president for McFarlane Manufacturing in Sauk City, Wis.
- Second Vice President Mike Irish, brand manager for the Brillion Farm Equipment line at Landoll Corp., in Marysville, Kan.
- Secretary Nick Jensen, president of Thurston Manufacturing in Thurston, Neb.
- Treasurer Andrew Cummings, president of T.G. Schmeiser in Selma, Calif.
The officers comprise the executive committee on the Association's 16-person board. Prior to their election, representatives from member companies who were gathered in San Diego for the Association's annual Marketing & Distribution Convention convened to elect new members to the Board of Directors. Newly elected directors are:
- Carrie Gunnerson, president and CEO of Art's Way Manufacturing Co. in Armstrong, Iowa.
- Terry Flanary, vice president of sales and marketing at National Tube Supply in University Park, Ill.
- Ron Roglis, founder of Roglis Marketing Services in Glenarm, Ill.
- Cummings of T.G. Schmeiser, who was later named treasurer.
The Board of Directors decides the course for an Association that represents more than 725 companies based primarily in the U.S. and Canada. The companies represent all aspects of the specialized farm equipment industry: manufacturers, suppliers of component parts and services to manufacturers, and equipment distributors. The Association serves as members' collective voice and advocate on industry issues.
To learn more, contact Kristi Ruggles, director of communications, at (314) 660-7341.
- In Memorium: Ed Elstun, Former Association PresidentFeb 3rd, 2016
We are sad to report the death of Ed Elstun, who served as President of our Association in 1981-82 and as Treasurer from 1984-1987. He began his career at Snow Corporation in 1953 and retired as President and CEO in 1987. He was 90.
Ed's service to this Association and many of our members extended long after his time in leadership positions. We have received several calls from members who recounted how Ed had taken the time to review business plans with them and provide wise advice over the years.
Current and former staff members also benefited greatly from Ed's willingness to provide advice, encouragement and share his perspective on various issues. Much credit for our Association's strength today is properly credited to Ed Elstun and other similar leaders over many decades whose efforts and leadership built the strong foundation we stand on today.
In addition to his service to our Association, he proudly served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. His life-long love for naval aviation was fostered during the war while he was based on many islands in the Southwest Pacific.