The Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association is looking for a membership director.
The Association serves as an advocate and industry resource for nearly 700 companies based throughout North America. These member companies primarily manufacture farm implements or produce the raw goods that support the manufacturing process.
Central to the success of the Association is maintaining a strong membership base. The membership director will be a strategist and relationship-builder responsible for recruiting and retaining companies in the farm equipment industry. The director will evaluate and build upon a roster of services for member companies.
As part of a small office team, the membership director will be nimble and respond to shifting Association priorities. The person in this position should be available to travel 20 to 30 percent of the time.
- Evaluate existing membership recruitment/retention strategies.
- Develop and execute new strategies.
- Build understanding of member companies’ needs and develop additional services to meet those needs, hence strengthen the value of membership.
- Attend farm shows throughout North America to identify member prospects.
- Call on executives at current member and prospective companies.
- Serve as a resource to the Association’s product councils, committees, and other volunteer leadership groups.
- Respond to inquiries from members and member prospects about benefits, services, conventions, and industry information.
- Contribute to maintenance of membership information on web site and in database.
- Provide membership information to Board of Directors.
- Assist with periodic member surveys.
- Conduct outreach to companies whose membership dues have lapsed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a comparable role with a demonstrated record of success.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Outstanding communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with external constituencies.
- Experience in leading a membership or recruitment program.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate level of proficiency or above with Microsoft office applications. Working knowledge of database software.
- Passion for our mission and motivated to exceed expectations in order to positively contribute to the organization and industry.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kristi@FarmEquip.org. All resumes and inquiries will be treated as confidential.