Fewer Container Ships Arrive On Time

The number of late-arriving container ships increased in September.

On the major trade lanes from Asia to the U.S., schedule reliability dropped below 50 percent, according to shipping analyst Lars Jensen.

Numbers from Sea-Intelligence show that just 56 percent of container ships arrived on time in September. The remaining 44 percent arrived an average of 4.8 days late.

On eastbound traffic in the Pacific, container lines’ schedule reliability dropped to less than 50 percent, while the route from Asia to Europe dropped to 69 percent.

The biggest setback year-on-year happened on the routes between Asia and Oceania, where reliability dropped by 30 percentage points, so that only one in three ships arrived on time.

Source: Shipping News