Hutson Inc., a multi-state John Deere dealership, will expand further into Michigan with the acquisition Lappan’s of Gaylord. The dealership became part of the Hutson group immediately. Originally a turf-only location, it now also sells agriculture equipment.
Hutson Inc. began in 1928 as a seed and fertilizer store in Murray, Ky. It acquired its first John Deere dealership in Mayfield, Ky., in 1990, followed by six more Kentucky stores in Princeton, Russellville, Morganfield, Clinton, Paducah, and Hopkinsville. Today it is comprised of more than 800 team members in 30 locations throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee and Michigan.
Source: Farm Equipment